Monday, 26 August 2013

Life Lately.

It's been a while...
Life lately has been filled with a mix of emotions and craziness! 
For starters I passed my A-Levels, but didn't make it on to my university course choices, of course there was tears and such but it hasn't thrown me,as I will be doing a film and television media course I also applied for instead! For the past few years I have been really interested in the behind the scenes and all the effort that goes into  making film and television happen, so this course seemed like an amazing alternative to university. 

Like I said life has been a mix of emotions, I've felt upset and jealous of those of my friends going to university without me but also I have felt nervous and excited as I'll be travelling a different path and having my own new experiences. 
So my goals for now is to make sure I see my friends as much as I can before they leave etc and to make a fresh start. 
Simple. 


Another thing that has happened to me was that I donated my blood for the very first time on Thursday, I initially was dragged into it by my friends who thought the way to sell the idea to me was to tell me that I get "a nifty badge" 
I am the token wimp of my family, with most of my relatives being in nursing backgrounds, my aversion of the sight of blood had my mum laughing at the thought of me donating blood. I'm proud to say I didn't faint, and got that nifty badge I was promised as well as the feeling of knowing I may have helped someone.

Saturday night I went to see a play with a couple friends as we knew one of the guys starring in it, which was followed by some drinks and dancing. Then today, instead of the Lazy Sunday I had planned following my night out, my mother surprised me with an impromptu shopping trip, I  felt a little spoiled by the end, but it was fun to have one on one time with her.
I'll show what I got in my next post.
Also lately when I haven't been applying for jobs I have basically been reliving and loving the past  and my childhood, through marathons of Disney movies, completely forgot how much I loved 101 Dalmatians! I have also been re-loving the french film Heartbeats/ Les Amors Imaginaires by Xavier Dolan, it's a brilliant film in my opinion, but a more detailed post on that later. 
Another aspect of my childhood has returned in the form of BN biscuits, I know they are only biscuits but I loved them as a kid so it's kind of a big deal for me. 


So not a lot has happened and yet so much has changed for me recently,but I promise I will try to continue to blog more frequently, I'm distracted easily these days. 
Also its almost Autumn/Fall, am I the only one who is really excited about this?


All Photos were taken from my Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment