Monday, 9 July 2012

Those little things that just make your day a bit better!

Found on Google images

After a very rainy, lazy Sunday spent in bed with comfy clothing I told myself that I would get things sorted that I needed to do on Monday. 
So I woke up bright and early at 9:15, that's really early for me..... So anyway, got a lift from my Dad into town, I handed in my CV to Paper Chase as they are looking for part-timers and wondered around town for a while. After popping into Cath Kidston to have a wee nosey at all the really pretty items they have, really!! wish I had the Antique Rose bedding in Duck Egg blue!  When the sun came out, so I had convinced myself that it was going to be really lovely and sunny today! This is the UK who am I kidding?!


One minute it's fine and sunny so I grab me a caramel, coffee frappuccino from Starbucks, I pop into the newly renovated Easons and buy a copy of "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy for only £1.99 and then decided to go home. I get head to my bus stop and 2 minutes later it starts to pour down! Thank god for the bus shelter or I would have been drenched! Thats when I regretted getting the Frappuccino instead of a Mocha, cold coffee and cold rainy weather are not the best combination! :/  

At the bus stop though there was this little boy, he mustn't have been older than 4 or 5, he was so adorable and cute, I had set my coffee on the bus stop bench to put my new book in my bag to prevent it getting rained on and he was bouncing around all over the place and his grandmother warned him to watch out before he spilt my coffee. The cutest thing was he told his grandmother he thought I was pretty, that just brought a smile to my face! Being told your pretty even if it's from a 5 year old is just the nicest thing to hear. 

So little things like being told your pretty from the cutest kid, finally getting the book you've wanted for ages at a cheap price or even just getting that little bit of sunshine for the smallest amount of time can really just make your day that bit better than you thought it would be! 



No comments:

Post a Comment