Monday, 9 July 2012

Recipes // Cheesecake!!! :D

I gotta say if I could only have one dessert for the rest of my life it would be cheesecake. 

Found on google images
It is one of the most amazing desserts in the world.... well in my opinion anyway! Not only does cheesecake taste good, it's super easy to make and there are so many different flavours! 
My current favourite cheesecake flavours which my my gorgeous older sister introduced me to are Mint Aero and Crunchie. 2 of the best chocolate bars in the UK in cheesecake form, so glad she gave these recipes to me before she goes off on holiday. 
Lucky her escaping the crappy weather, it looks more like winter than summer! ¬¬ 
This recipe tastes great and is so simple to make! So let's hope you like these as much as I do! :)


You'll need: 
  • 12 digestive biscuits
  • 200g soft cream cheese (I prefer using Philadelphia)
  • 2.5 oz margarine 
  • 250ml double cream
  • 4 oz icing sugar



For the mint aero version you'll need one large bar of mint aero, but for the crunchie version you'll need 4 crunchie bars.

  1. Melt the margarine in a microwave. Crush the digestive, add to the margarine and mix well.
  2. Line the flan dish or baking tin well with biscuit mix.
  3. Mix cheese & icing sugar together and add the double cream to the philly mixture.
  4. Chop/Crush up topping into small pieces and save a small amount. Add to mixture and pour over the biscuit base & smooth out. Add the leftover to the top of the cheesecake.
  5. Place in the fridge to chill for an hour+ 



And thats it, delicious cheesecake to share with your friends or family. Or keep it to yourself, your decision ;) 



4 comments:

  1. oh my this piece of cheesecake does look good! cheesecake is my favourite dessert too, especially baked, real thing :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored baked cheesecake it's sooo good!

      And yeah following eachother would be nice:) your blog is really good!!!
      Niamh :) xx

      Delete
  2. thank you for commenting on my blog dear, I'm following you now, don't forget to follow back! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cheesecake looks so yummy! I may have to try making a crunchie one like you suggested. great post.

    http://thepastimebliss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete