Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Can't you see that it's just rainin' There ain't no need to go outside...

Yesterday, once again it was pouring down with rain all day, trust the UK to have such Summer time weather....... The worst thing was it was raining but it was really warm too so it felt so muggy outside!! 
So to cheer myself up I decided to make myself my own interpretation of a Starbucks iced coffee/frappuccino. Its actually really simple with really good results. 
All I needed was: 


1. Some ice (as much as you like)
2. 1 tbsp of coffee
3. 2 tbsp of sugar
4. and milk

And all you have to do is put all of it in a blender, add the milk until it is the same level as were the ice stops and blend it all together. I personally added some hazelnut syrup, but you could add anything like caramel, chocolate, whatever your tastes lean towards and enjoy.  
(Would have taken a photo but by the time that idea came to my head I had already drank the lot!)

So what else could I do on a rainy day when I have very little money to my name, but curl up in bed with my coffee, some banana chips and a little Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon action in 'Some Like It Hot

It's one of my favourite movies, they just don't make movies like them anymore :/ 
The line I always remember from that movie is from Jack Lemons character Jerry when he sees Marilyn's character for the first time:  

"Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It's like Jell-O on springs."

Gets me every time I watch it xD



1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched that in years! The homemade frappuccino sounds good :)
    xx Kara
    Sprinkles in Springs

    ReplyDelete